-
Gillibrand relaunches PAC to elect women
Sen. Kirsten GillibrandKirsten GillibrandWarren, Democrats urge Trump to back down from veto threat over changing Confederate-named bases Warren, Pressley introduce bill to make it a crime for police officers to deny medical care to people in custody Senate Dems press DOJ over coronavirus safety precautions in juvenile detention centers MORE (D-N.Y.) on Friday relaunched her political action committee, which aims to elect Democratic women to public office. “Our campaign was a fearless declaration that women’s rights are human rights, and they’re nonnegotiable. And with countless attacks on women’s rights across our country, I believe that now more than ever,” Gillibrand said in an email to supporters of her former presidential…
-
Democratic debate in October to be held over only one night
The October Democratic debate will take place over only one night even as 12 candidates have qualified so far. The first two debates had both been spread out over two nights after the Democratic National Committee (DNC) decided to cap the number of candidates onstage at 10 per night. But the last debate this month took place over one night, after only 10 candidates qualified because of toughened criteria. ADVERTISEMENT So far, 12 candidates have qualified for the debate on Oct. 15, most recently Rep. Tulsi GabbardTulsi GabbardGabbard drops defamation lawsuit against Clinton It’s as if a Trump operative infiltrated the Democratic primary process 125 lawmakers urge Trump administration to support…
-
Pete Sessions announces bid for Bill Flores's Texas House seat
Former Rep. Pete SessionsPeter Anderson SessionsTexas kicks off critical battle for House control The Hill’s review of John Solomon’s columns on Ukraine Tenth Congressional Black Caucus member backs Biden MORE (R-Texas) announced on Thursday that he would run to replace retiring Rep. Bill FloresWilliam (Bill) Hose FloresLawmakers ask Trump administration to help Gulf oil and gas producers Texas kicks off critical battle for House control Democrats push to end confidentiality for oil companies that don’t add ethanol MORE (R-Texas) in Texas’s 17th District. Sessions lost reelection last year to Democrat Colin Allred (D-Texas) in Texas’s 32nd District, which he had represented since 2003. But instead of seeking a rematch with…
-
Yang rips China, says NBA should stand up for free speech
Democratic presidential hopeful Andrew YangAndrew YangGeorge Floyd protests show corporations must support racial and economic equality Andrew Yang discusses his universal basic income pilot program Andrew Yang on the George Floyd protests in Minneapolis MORE ripped the Chinese government and called on the National Basketball Association to “stand up” for the free speech rights of its employees in a statement to The Hill on Thursday. Yang, a tech entrepreneur whose parents are from Taiwan, said it was “ridiculous” for the Chinese government to block the broadcast of NBA games after Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey expressed support for pro-democracy demonstrators in Hong Kong. ADVERTISEMENT “The Chinese government banning NBA…
-
Perez surprised to find Racing Point off the pace in Spa
After their conspicuous success in qualifying last time out in Spain, Racing Point were looking a little off-colour in Spa-Francorchamps and struggled to keep up with their rivals. Sergio Perez started from fourth on the grid two weeks ago with Lance Stroll just behind in fifth, but it was a different story in qualifying for the Belgian Grand Prix. Both drivers nearly missed out on making it through to the final top ten pole shoot-out after trying to run medium compound tyres on their first run, which left them both outside the top ten and in the drop zone. Hamilton puts in perfect pole lap as Ferrari flops in Q2…
-
Warren targets 'big money' in campaigns, rules out donations from tech and bank executives
White House hopeful Sen. Elizabeth WarrenElizabeth WarrenWarren, Democrats urge Trump to back down from veto threat over changing Confederate-named bases OVERNIGHT DEFENSE: Joint Chiefs chairman says he regrets participating in Trump photo-op | GOP senators back Joint Chiefs chairman who voiced regret over Trump photo-op | Senate panel approves 0B defense policy bill Trump on collision course with Congress over bases with Confederate names MORE (D-Mass.) unveiled a sweeping new plan Tuesday to eliminate “big money” in politics, taking aim at donations from PACs and urging her fellow presidential contenders to be transparent in their fundraising. Warren, who has made increasing transparency in politics a focal point of her campaign,…
-
McConnell blasts impeachment inquiry as 'kangaroo court' in fundraising pitch
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnellAddison (Mitch) Mitchell McConnellSenate advances public lands bill in late-night vote GOP senator to try to reverse requirement that Pentagon remove Confederate names from bases No, ‘blue states’ do not bail out ‘red states’ MORE (R-Ky.) is doubling down on his criticism of the House impeachment inquiry, using a fundraising pitch to accuse Speaker Nancy PelosiNancy PelosiTrump on collision course with Congress over bases with Confederate names Black lawmakers unveil bill to remove Confederate statues from Capitol Pelosi: Georgia primary ‘disgrace’ could preview an election debacle in November MORE (D-Calif.) of running a “kangaroo court.” “Well Nancy Pelosi is conducting a kangaroo court over in the House,…
-
WWE reveals ticket info for NXT TakeOver: Portland
WWE has revealed ticket details for NXT’s next TakeOver special. Click Here: COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES 2019 It was announced today that tickets for NXT TakeOver: Portland will go on sale to the general public at 10 a.m. Pacific time this Friday. A pre-sale will begin the day before that, with it starting at 10 a.m. Pacific on Thursday. TakeOver: Portland is being held at the Moda Center on Sunday, February 16. This will be the first time that a US TakeOver special has taken place on a Sunday. NXT UK’s next TakeOver event is also set for a Sunday. The Empress Ballroom in Blackpool, England will host UK TakeOver: Blackpool II on…
-
Adam Cole-Velveteen Dream segment set up for NXT
The build to Velveteen Dream getting a shot at Adam Cole’s NXT Championship will continue this week. Cole posted a tweet today challenging Dream to meet him for a face-to-face chat on tomorrow’s episode of NXT: “I have an idea. If he’s got the guts, I want a face to face chat w/ Velveteen this Wednesday on @WWENXT…just the two of us. The Champ & The Dream. It’s time to see if he’s really worthy of a championship opportunity. #AdamColeBayBay #UndisputedERA” Click Here: geelong cats guernsey 2019 Dream responded by mocking Cole for being vanilla: “Only If U Wear That Scent [I] Like…. That Vanilla Scent COLE” WWE.com teased whether or not…
-
Cameron Grimes qualifies for NXT TakeOver XXX ladder match
Cameron Grimes is the third participant to qualify for the ladder match for the vacant NXT North American Championship at TakeOver XXX. Grimes defeated Kushida and the returning Velveteen Dream in the main event of tonight’s NXT to qualify for TakeOver. He joins Bronson Reed and Damian Priest as wrestlers who have qualified for the ladder match. Dexter Lumis had also initially qualified, but he’s been removed from the match due to injury. During the finish of tonight’s qualifier, Cameron Grimes hit his Cave In double stomp on Kushida as Kushida had Dream locked in the Hoverboard Lock. Grimes then pinned Kushida to get the win. The final two participants for the ladder…